March 1, 2014

Salad in a Jar

Taking the time to eat healthy can be hard especially if you lead a busy lifestyle. I tend to feel that I fall under busy! After some great idea's and allot of looking around I began to build a stockpile of healthy options for my family that grew into so much more. One of the things I do religiously is make salads. This helps to ensure we get in our veggie's and its fun. 



 Pre-make Salads in Ball Jars
Your options are endless here.
The Arrangement From Bottom to Top


Dressing 

Your Choice


Veggies 

sugar snap peas
carrots
mushrooms
sweet peppers
 broccoli
cherry tomatoes
Garbanzo beans
black beans
pasta


Meat 

chicken
 steak
ham



TOP IT OFF

Lettuce,spinach,greens



Directions-----

1) Arrange ingredients in Large mason jar
2) Store in Fridge
3)When ready to eat, shake jar & poor on plate!!!


Theses stay good for 5 days in my fridge
I usually run out of them before the 5 days is up though :)


The Process



The Finished Product




I made labels for my Salads with Avery 







3 Happy Thoughts:

Hooker Family said...

Such a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Camille Gillham said...

I really like how you gave some suggestions of what to put in and the correct order. I've seen these before but with the whole vacuum seal tight which I just don't have the ability to do so its nice to hear how long it lasts without it. Thanks for sharing!

Av8trswife said...

I wish I liked more vegetables. My salads are way lame compared to yours.