August 9, 2012

The Gospel

It amazes me to see how the lord's hand plays apart in our lives, I am so grateful that I see the little things he does. My Sister moved in with me in May, she wanted to pursue a degree here in Kansas and get a feel for life out of California. To move was a big step for her, not only was she leaving the only thing she ever knew as home she had to live by our lifestyle which to some is not easy. No Coffee, No Alcohol, Modest attire! As a 22 year old that is definitely not an easy choice, especially if you are not raised as a Latter-Day Saint.

May turned into June and my Sister was regularly attending church with me and contemplating attending a Singles Ward which would have people her age. I was so impressed and proud of her, she truly is an amazing person. As time passed she became more in tune with the spirit, she met with the missionaries often and endured much internal conflict but deiced to get baptized. I told my sister I remember when I was taking the lessons how scared I was because your not 100% sure on everything it's kinda scary but that's the adversary working on you, trying to get you to not to make a choice that will only make your life happier.

                                                                         Here is her Invitation
                                                                          So Cute Right?




Here is the Talk I wrote for my Amazingly, Wonderful, Beautiful, Fun, Tech-Smart SHEESTER


Savannah, I am so proud of who you are and so excited for what awaits you in your Journey here on Earth. I want you to know that you are taking one step closer to our heavenly father today as you get baptized. One of the scriptures I would like to share with you,that touches me and best describes baptism is Mosiah chp 18 vs 8-10
8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are adesirous to come into the bfold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
9 Yea, and are awilling to mourn with those that bmourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as cwitnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the dfirst resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being abaptized in the bname of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a ccovenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

 Savannah I know you Desire to be steadfast and Immovable in your faith, I know you will keep the covenants you make this day and the spirit will be abundantly upon you.  Something I want you to remember is your human you can’t get discouraged when your imperfect or make a choice that might be wrong. In this month’s Ensign there is a story titled “That I may Heal you” by  Dean Rueckert, I would like to share part of it with you.  When we are baptized and confirmed, we have entered in the gate, and there lies before us a “straight and narrow path which leads to eternal life” Baptism is a gate that opens the path leading back to the presence of God. Yet we are not saved at baptism as some times taught and believed in the world. Repentance is not a one-time phenomenon that occurs only before baptism; it is something we do over and over again as we make progress along the strait and narrow path. We progress along this path step by step with each step we take, the lord, by the power of his spirit, sheds forth light upon our life.There are many steps to becoming a Christ like person.  Today you take one of many steps Savannah. You will be met with adversity, but you will also be met with love.  Matthew chp 17 vs 20  And Jesus said unto them, Because of you’re unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. You will have to nourish the seed that grows in your soul so your testimony of heavenly father and this gospel with grow. It will take time and effort on your part but you will get blessings upon blessings and you will become truly steadfast and immovable in your faith.  Life will make it hard Savannah, but as I have grown in the Gospel and I look back to my Baptism 13 years ago I see it truly is a step by step process, when you fall get back up, Try again but always with the light of Christ.  Words cannot express Savannah how Happy I am to know today you take the first step of many, that will lead you closer to our Heavenly Father. The journey will be Amazing and you will be truly blessed. I love you.


6 Happy Thoughts:

Becky Clinton said...

There are so many layers of awesome in this post.
- Awesome decisions
- Awesome examples
- Awesome growth
- Awesome testimonies
- Awesome talk

AWESOME!

Wendy said...

So happy for you and your family to celebrate not only your sister's baptism but also summer! I hope that it has been WONDERFUL!

Millers! said...

I loved reading this. for some many reasons, I am so happy for Savanna and what a big step for her.. But I am also so happy for you Sara Whetten, you have grown so much in the gospel, you have such an amazing spirit and I am so happy that I know you and get to feel your spirit, Love you girl!

Seth said...

AWESOME!!!
Congrats to your sister.
I like how you said you were scared because you aren't 100% sure of things. Sometimes I wish i had that 100% surety...

Seth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vic and Marion said...

Sorry, just now catching up on blogs...This is wonderful!!