May 25, 2011

Lead Me, Guide Me, Walk Beside Me


As Parents we are stewards to our children, to lead them, to guide them, to walk beside them & help them find the way. {one of my fav primary songs by the way} In the last few days I have come to realize how important that is. 
                               
  ~world·ly~
Of or concerned with material values or ordinary life rather than a spiritual existence.


There are many enticing things that capture our children. Even us for that matter.

Many things Today are accepted as normal. A recent show I watched on 20/20


This show is about things happening all over the world that people find common but that aren't necessarily right. They set up hidden camera's to see who will stand up and do the right thing. The show points out a very sad thing about the "WORLD" today, how selfish we are and how "Acceptable" we are of things that are just WRONG.

When was the last time you read the Bible?
Do you read the Bible?

Society today is ever changing. The adversary is always trying to find ways to get our spirits to go astray. As parents it is so IMPORTANT we stand strong & steadfast to the spirit. Mothers were given this divine roll to heed our children in the ways they must go. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my 3 amazing children who have taught me so much. I could not imagine my life without it. Every day I see the blessings in our lives. 

I think back to my young adult life, when there really was no strong Spiritual force in my life, I wonder where I would be today if I had not met my husband. Becoming Mormon was the best decision I ever made, next to marrying my husband. Every day I thank the lord for all he has done for me & the blessings of a wonderful family. 

I urge you all no matter what your religion is to listen to the spirit, choose the right in all you do, be a good example to your children. Every night we read our scriptures together as a family, we pray as a family. They do say " A family that prays together stays together". 




~Thanks Mr.W~ 




2 Happy Thoughts:

Becky Clinton said...

One of your best blogs to date, Sara.

Anna said...

I completely agree. I love this post!