April 6, 2011

Standing For Something

I recently started reading a book written by Gordon B. Hinckley. I am amazed, I seriously cannot put it down. My only regret is that I would have read this book allot sooner. I describe this book as straight to the point, Very uplifting. Gordon writes about 10 Neglected virtues that will heal our Hearts and homes. Each chapter is a different Virtue we obtain and how we use them and how we don't. How life would be different for us and so on.

I have folded almost every page to remind me of certain quotes that I want to always try and keep fresh in my head. For Instance: I am on the chp 6 The Twin Virtues of Forgiveness & Mercy. He states " Hatred always fails and bitterness always destroys. Are there virtues more in need of appreciation in our day, a time marked by litigious proceedings and heated exchanges,than those of forgiving, forgetting, and extending Mercy to those who may have wronged us or let us down?"

I love the chapter on Morality, I love the chapter on the Fading Civility in this generation. Can you tell I just love this book... So if you want a good read I HIGHLY recommend this book. It is a book that will forever change your life. He is a very smart man who to this day amazes me. 

0 Happy Thoughts: