April 19, 2011

INFANTRYMEN

People often ask me "What is Infantry"? What they are really wanting to know is what exactly does Wayne do.Well according to Wikipedia the Definition of Infantry is as follows: Infantrymen are soldiers who are specifically trained for the role of fighting on foot to engage the enemy face to face and have historically borne the brunt of the casualties of combat in wars. As the oldest branch of combat arms, they are the backbone of armies. Infantry units have more physically demanding training than other branches of armies, and place a greater emphasis on discipline, fitness, physical strength and aggression.

Yes, My husband has the Scariest Job in the army at least in my eyes. I am so uneasy about his fourth deployment to Afghanistan in February. My heart Palpitates at the thought of something awful happening.Wayne has been in some serious situations and survived. You guys may wonder why I think about this at all. It doesn't plague my mind but it does cross my mind. I do have to mentally prepare myself when he goes. So that is pretty much my husbands JOB. I am so proud of my husband and thankful to him and all the others who sacrifice for our freedom.. Love you Hunna xoxo









4 Happy Thoughts:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

So grateful there are men who volunteer to take on this demanding job. You guys are always in our prayers. We never just pray for our soldiers. We also pray for their families to be comforted and protected as well. You are a rock, Sara! Love you!

Karen said...

I am very grateful to these guys for they give us so much for their sacrifice!! God Bless them all. And to my "Wayne" this is where I get my gray hair from, lol. I worry about him out there each and every day in spends on the front lines. My prayers are always with him. I love ya "Son" :)

Karen said...

To my daughter who has the strength of a saint!! You are the glue that holds this family together so that Wayne can protect our families. Your mom is amazed at how strong you are, and as proud of you as any mom can be. I love my binkie :)

The Hardys said...

I agree...I am SO THANKFUL for everybody who defends our country!!! They are the backbone of the army, backbone of our country. That's how our country was even formed, right? Courageous people took a stand and fought for freedom. We will be here for you when he leaves! Even though you are leaving the ward :( we can still be friends :)