March 11, 2011

Life on the Prarie

What brings us to live a life on the Prairie other than Good Ole Ft.Riley. When we got orders for Kansas I honestly about fainted. My first Initial thought was TORNADOE'S..That was about all I could think of.

                         Then we got here. Some of the first things I noticed and quickly fell in love with.

We have decided to buy we are having a custom built home done by a gentleman in our ward and have purchased 1.95 acres of land. I am so excited. I'm thinking Chickens, huge garden with tomatoes, onion's, potatoes, You see where I am going with this. I would like to be self sufficient. We will see how green my thumb is!


4 Happy Thoughts:

Pen-nut said...

I am happy for you. Glad that you will have a house with lots of room to grow and play.

Wendy said...

Chickens are wonderful! We love ours. And in Kansas I'm sure things will grow unlike the desert. There are so many great things you can do on an acre. Best with the coming move and settling.

The Hardys said...

That's so exciting!! I thought the same thing about tornados too, they still freak me out! I haven't lived in kansas for a real full tornado season et so we'll see how we survive. I haven't read your post on the surgery topic yet but I hope you are doing ok with that. Let me know how that goes and how your new house is coming!!

The Whetten Family said...

UPDATE POST ON THE HOUSE COMING SOON WE ARE NO LONGER BUYING