February 16, 2011

Ramblings of the Day




On Nov 9th 2007, I wrote a quote in my Journal. If I remember correctly it is from a book The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I love this quote and wanted to share it with you all. "God wants all of you. God is not interested in half hearted commitment, Partial obedience and the left overs of your time and money. He desires your full devotion." Isn't that powerful? It says so much about our society today. Think about how much of your time and commitment is put fourth doing Christ like things. 

So my scripture study last night had me pondering this question. What is my purpose as a MEMBER missionary? I read through D&C 59:23 & John 14:26 and Preach my Gospel. The reason this question is on my mind is because I have quite a few people that are non-members that are very interested. This happens allot. I sometimes don't know the answer, and in my mind I think Gosh that's SAD I need to know this. I have a testimony of this church and that it is a restored Gospel but I need the hard-core doctrine of it. In a talk President Ezra Taft Benson taught: We are commanded by God to take the Gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the gospel will unite men of all races & nationalities in peace. Only the Gospel will bring Joy, Happiness, and Salvation to the Human Family..

Doesn't that say so much. I thought allot about this because it applies to the conflicts our nations face today. My husband see's this first hand when he deploys.We see it here everyday. It amazes me that our prophets know exactly what needs to be done. Don't you find comfort in that? 

 I want to leave you  with one last little quote from President Harold B Lee I LOVE THIS ONE
"The Most Important of the Lord's work you will ever do will be within the walls of your OWN homes."

0 Happy Thoughts: