July 11, 2010

Kansas Our new Home

We made it to Kansas. It's bitter sweet to me. I feel such an appreciation for what we had in South Carolina. A Great home, The beaches, great friends, A top Notch school, Every store you can think of... Oh the list goes on and on. But being in Kansas reminds me so much of Germany. Its got that small town feel, gracious & kind people. I love the street we live on it is so quiet. Most of all though I love being able to hold my husband in my arms every night. I missed him so much. Our Ward (church) is GREAT. The kids are slowly meeting people but that takes time..So we have been adjusting to having daddy home, our new environment, the weather and so on. We have been unpacking but have decided this will be a short term home. We plan to move on post next June. Wayne will be deploying again ( number 4 ) this time to Afghanistan. He is currently enrolled in classes but the Army as of Oct 14 changed the requirements to go enlisted to officer. Wayne must have 160 credit hours to qualify. So We will be here for awhile. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Im sure I will come to love it.


1 Happy Thoughts:

Pen-nut said...

Change is hard, but good at the same time. I am so glad that Wayne is home with you now. Good luck getting settled into a new place. We love you all!!!