October 12, 2009

A Letter From Wayne **Grab tissues**

Hello from Iraq,

My name is Sergeant First Class Wayne Whetten, I am Noelle's father. I thought it would be fun to write to you as a class and let you all know what I am doing here in Iraq. First you should know that Iraq is a very different place with a very different kind of people. Most of the people I meet here are very friendly. For most of their lives they have been ruled over by a very bad man who kept them poor and out of schools. They aren't as lucky as you are with the freedom that you have in the United States of America. But we helped them get rid of that bad man and now they are starting to enjoy the freedoms that we have lived with for hundreds of years. My job here is two things, first I have to protect other Soldiers and also the Iraqi people from some of the countries who are trying to make Iraq fail at freedom. Second I am helping to build schools, water ways, and small businesses. These are things that will help the country grow into a great nation. Many of the children here have never been to school and don't know anything about reading or math or any other of the exciting things you get to learn at school. They are so excited to finally get to learn like the boys and girls of America.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and remember the Soldiers who have given everything when you say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning.

Please thank Noelle for giving up her dad for a year so he can make life better for so many girls, boys and their families here in Iraq.

Sincerely,

SFC Whetten, Wayne
A Company 4-1 Brigade Special Troops Battalion
Forward Operating Base, Bernstein
Iraq

4 Happy Thoughts:

Millers! said...

That was really sweet! I love WAYNE-O... I totally cried!

Price Family Adventure!!!! said...

Wow! So sweet and cool.

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Oh my, I didn't think I'd need it but I totally needed a tissue! That was so sweet. Love you guys tons!

marlin said...

What a neat letter to Noell's class. How thankful and proud we are that we have a son who is serving us all so well. We love you and pray for your safety and well being every day.